The Love and Lewis Building on Chapel Street, in Prahran.
Built in 1913 at 321 Chapel Street, the brick and stone building was designed in the Chicagoesque Style with beautiful Art Nouveau detailing. The red brick and grey stone horizontal stripes that run down the facade of the building are enhanced by the hetitage green windows. The name Love and Lewis appears in stylised Art Nouveau lettering between the rows of large windows. Above the top row of arched windows with their Art Nouveau detailing, ornate terracotta tiles form a decorative border along the roofline.
Rather than being torn down, as so many grand buildings of the Marvellous Melbourne period have been, the Love and Lewis Department Store building was converted into flats in 2004, with the street level still being used for retailing.